Dylan undergoes hypnosis as research for his screenplay. Donna visits Ray in Portland, Ore., and David tags along to visit his mother, only to learn that she is sick and has disappeared. Valerie considers getting a tattoo.
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Tiffani Thiessen as Valerie Malone
Special Guest Star
- Matthew Laurance as Mel Silver
- Caroline Lagerfelt as Sheila Silver
- Jane Daly as Dr. Molly Campbell
- Tom Knickerbocker as Scott McPhearson
- Ray performs "why" at the venue
- Dylan now believes in reincarnation, although he has previously derided his mother for the same. This could be a result of his near death experience – a quest to find meaning in his life at the moment – or it could be a goof from the writers' side.
- fever | PEGGY LEE
- donna and david ask questions at a bar
- comfort of strangers | JAMIE WALTERS
- donna and david talk during the performance