Brenda burns naturally, but Brandon and friends are in hot water when their after-hours poker game at the beach club is followed by a burglary.
Jim encourages Dylan to get in touch with his mother, but Dylan is too proud to ask her for financial help. Brandon, David, Steve and some friends hold an after-hours poker game at the beach club. Dylan joins them and is furious when he loses a lot of money. The club suffers a break-in, and Brandon's boss is questioned because of a past (unjust) robbery conviction. In spite of Steve's objections, Brandon comes to Henry's defense by telling the police about the poker game.
Dylan becomes the prime suspect after electronic equipment is found in his car. Brenda and her parents stand behind him, but Brandon becomes suspicious after finding pawn shop tickets. He wonders how cash-poor Dylan was able to afford a plane ticket to Hawaii. Dylan reveals that he has been forced to pawn his belongings from the family storage locker. He had finally called his mother, who paid for his ticket. The laundry service turns out to be the culprit. Dylan flies to Hawaii to visit his mother. Brenda suffers a severe sunburn when she falls asleep while trying to get a tan.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
- and James Eckhouse as Jim Walsh
- Ash Adams as Danny Waterman
- Arva Holt as Detective Peña
- Kathleen Freeman as Pawn Shop Clerk
- This is the first and only time Dylan is seeing playing a guitar.
- Donna tries to see if she can get a date with Dylan.
- Steve has a cousin named Paul, who also attends Beverly Hills High School.
- Dylan loses $400 to David Silver in poker.
- When a police detective puts down Dylan due to the checkered past of his father, Jim sticks up for Dylan and reprimands the detective by pointing out the concept of "corruption of blood", where other family members are not criminally liable for the misdeeds of a relative. This is codified in the U.S. Constitution.
- The episode's named for the game variation when mentioned Brandon declines to play.
- what I like about you | THE ROMANTICS
- brenda and donna time their tans
- you've got that thing | BOBBY SHORT
- the 'fancy' poker game
Notes and references
- Andrea Zuckerman and Kelly Taylor do not appear in this episode
- Credited as Jason Adams