Brandon suspects that the driving force behind the school's tennis star may drive the boy to drastic action - with a gun. Meanwhile, SAT scores have Donna suspecting a bleak future.
Brandon interviews Roger Azarian for a senior profile in the Blaze. Roger is an outstanding student and athlete, but is overwhelmed by the legacy of his father, George Azarian; a self-made millionaire. Roger asks Brandon to read a screenplay that he has written. Brandon is disturbed by the autobiographical aspects of the script, especially since it ends with the lead character murdering his father. Brandon finds a gun in Roger's car and fears that he is going to kill his father.
He tracks down the missing Roger in his poolhouse, where he is actually contemplating suicide. After receiving terrible SAT scores Donna decides to become a bad girl, skipping classes and taking up smoking. After the guidance office intervenes she is tested for and diagnosed with a learning disability that inhibits her test-taking skills. She is given another chance on the test and presumably scores much higher the second time. Ironically, Brenda and Brandon receive identical scores on the SAT (1190).
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
- and James Eckhouse as Jim Walsh
Special Guest Star
- Nicolas Coster as George Azarian
- Brenda gets 630 MATH and 560 VERBAL on her SATs
- Brandon gets 560 MATH and 630 VERBAL
- Kelly gets 540 VERBAL and 510 MATH
- Kelly used to date Roger
- would I lie to you? | EURYTHMICS
- Brandon watches Roger play tennis
- doin' the do | BETTY BOO
- brenda runs into donna while shopping
Notes and references
- First appearance of Mrs. Teasley