After getting his start with a three-year stint on Knots Landing, Green moved to Beverly Hills in 1990. Following 90210, Green directed an independent film and made a tongue-in-cheek cameo as himself in the feature Domino and a gig as Freddie Prinze Jr.'s sex-obsessed sidekick on the sitcom Freddie. Green subsequently portrayed Derek Reese on the 2008-09 scf-fi series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and stuck with sci-fi, in 2009, with the role of Metallo on the Smallville series. Currently, he co-hosts a podcast with Derek Russell.
Has 4 sons: Kassius Lijah Marcil-Green (born March 15, 2002) with ex-fiancée, Vanessa Marcil and Noah Shannon Green (born September 27, 2012), Bodhi Ransom Green (born February 14, 2014) & Journey River Green (born August 4, 2016) with wife, Megan Fox.
- Father was a professional drummer who did studio work for Frank Sinatra and toured with Glen Campbell
- Parents added Austin to his name when he was 9 because there was another Brian Green in the Screen Actors Guild
- Got his big break playing Donna Mills' son on Knots Landing from 1986 to 1989.
- Released a critically panned rap album, One Stop Carnival, in 1996
- Has a music-production company called Shen Productions
- Plays the piano, drums and guitar.