This episode contains sensitive information regarding alcoholism.
Rain on the kids' Yosemite parade strands the gang of seven next to newlyweds who teach-and learn-some things about love, marriage, divorce and communication.
The gang takes off with plans to spend the weekend camping at Yosemite Park. A sudden monsoon forces the teens to seek refuge in a cramped one-bedroom cabin. Everyone quickly begins to get on each other's nerves. Steve and David go out for beer and ask an elderly couple to help them buy it but they take Steve's money and split without buying him anything. The honeymooning couple in the next cabin, Allison and Neil, supplies the kids with food and firewood, but get into a huge argument.
The gang tries to provide counsel, and learns that the husband wanted to wait before starting a family, but the wife is already pregnant. Dylan storms out following a fight with Brenda and has a drink. Dylan and Brandon go for a hike, and Brandon slips and falls, dangling from the cliff by only one hand. Dylan saves him from falling off the cliff, and they decide to keep the incident to themselves.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
- and James Eckhouse as Jim Walsh
- Gina LaMond as Allison
- Peter Marc as Neil
- „It seems to me that your parents should be helping you; supporting you; loving you — that's their job”
- —Brandon to Dylan
- Iris leaves behind Dylan to go to the desert for the weekend and doesn't invite him along
- In the miserable cabin, the gang ends up discussing the meaning of life:
- Dylan's pessimistic, courtesy of his parents
- Steve's unsure
- Kelly says it's love
- Brenda agrees
- Andrea says there's something powerful about love
- Brandon asks her if she thinks people are lesser if they're not in love
- Kelly was 3,5 when her parents divorced; Steve was 5
- Brandon does a Ricky Ricardo impression
- Jackie and Mel are going away for the weekend
- The gang sings 'California, Here I Come' as 'Yosemite, Here I Come'
- Last episode of the first summer season