- ❝ We need you here, Andrea. You're our inspiration ❞
Brandon's good deed turns into a bad seed for Andrea, as it grows into the possibility of her expulsion from West Beverly. Meanwhile, Steve is unwittingly dating a girl only in it for gold.
Brandon submits one of Andrea's articles to a high school journalism contest. She wins the contest, but panics because a school district representative wants to conduct a home interview. Andrea asks her grandmother Rose Zuckerman to say that she lives with her, but Rose does not want to play along. The school district initiates an investigation because they suspect that Andrea lives out of district. Andrea moves in with Rose, but decides to give up her fight because she cannot stand to be in the middle of the long-running feud between her parents and grandmother. Rose decides to let Andrea stay and agrees to make peace with her daughter-in-law. To make the judges believe Andrea lives in the district, they come by and decorate the apartment to suit a teenager's taste. Steve gets a girlfriend named Christine through a "chance encounter" at the Peach Pit, but Kelly suspects that the girl is only interested in his bank account, and in the end, Steve realizes Kelly was right all along.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
- and James Eckhouse as Jim Walsh
Special Guest Star
- Lainie Kazan as Rose Zuckerman
- Cynthia Frost as Evelyn
- Norma Janis as Muriel
- Edith Varon as Stella
- Holly Smith as Pat Roberts
- ❝Brenda – And now I see how attentive he is when he really cares about a girl, I mean, he's so... sweet and, protective
- Dylan – Yeah, well, just don't get any ideas okay? 'Cause you're taken❞
- ❝ I want someone who likes me for who I am; someone who will be there even if I have nothing in the bank ❞
- —Steve to Brandon
- ❝ What, you think you're the only one who can be tight with the illustrious Andrea Zuckerman? ❞
- —Steve to Brandon
- Brenda sees a new side of Steve
- There's a feud going on between Andrea's mother, Beverly, and Grandma Rose. They haven't spoken in three years
- Steve apologises to Andrea and promises to work on his rudeness, indicating it all stems from low self-esteem
- radio song | R.E.M.
- christine picks the song at the peach pit juke box
- build me up buttercup | THE FOUNDATIONS
- steve + christine at the peach pit; kelly watches in horror
- shiny happy people | R.E.M.
- steve and christine in the limo
- losing my religion | R.E.M.
- steve picks this song at the peach pit and cheers up andrea
- over and over | BOBBY DAY
- At the Peach Pit, the gang celebrate Andrea staying