Mariah, the writer whom Brandon met in Texas, comes to L.A. with her book on angels, and her quick kinship with Kelly bothers Tracy. Meanwhile, it's thumbs up for Rob's performance, but thumbs down for the rest of his movie; Clare has a computer crisis and blames Steve; David marks a special anniversary with Donna.
Rob Andrews receives very positive reviews for his performance in his movie, however the movie is a failure. He is devastated when the producers say the movie will go straight to video and it prompts him to quit acting and move back to Indiana. David tries to plan a special evening for Donna but his frenzied behavior makes her think he is starting to experience mental problems again. MARIAH, Brandon’s writer friend from Texas, has recently had her book published and is at C.U. to lecture at the university's New Age Festival. Mariah and Kelly develop an instant kinship and spend almost all their time together. She picks up on Brandon and Kelly still being in love with other and subtly encourages Kelly. Tracy does not buy into New Age spirituality or theories and harshly criticizes Mariah's seminar in a news segment.
Brandon accuses her of acting out of spite, of being jealous and narrow-minded. Tracy refuses to attend the Lunar Concert with Brandon, Mariah and Steve. Clare has computer problems while finishing her term paper. To add to her problems she knocks her coffee onto the console while talking on the phone with Steve and the computer shuts down completely. She blames Steve for distracting her; he just wants her to join him at the festival and concert. Steve comes over and fixes the computer, saves her term paper and leaves angrily thinking that Clare doesn’t understand his motives. During the Lunar Concert Clare signals Steve with a note and flowers as an apology. As Mariah is mysteriously absent, Steve leaves Brandon alone with Kelly on the blanket at the concert. After the music ends Brandon and Kelly share a tender kiss.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Tiffani Thiessen as Valerie Malone
- Joe E. Tata as Nat Bussichio
- Kathleen Robertson as Clare Arnold
- Brandon learns from Tracy that Kelly is still in love with him
- Mariah talks to both Brandon and Kelly about their feelings for each other
- Brandon and Kelly kiss after the Lunar Concert
- Kelly's considering grad school in New York
- Rob decides to move back to Indiana as he doesn't like LA — he and Val break up
- David is trying to surprise Donna with a celebration of the first time they said 'ILY', which was April 9, 1992 — the wedding day of Jackie and Mel
- dance of the lambs | KIM ROBERTSON
Notes and references
- Last appearance of Rob Andrews