- ❝ Like everything else, Brenda, even despair eventually exhausts itself ❞
- —Post break-up comfort[src]
Iris is the free-spirited mother of Dylan McKay, and a very evolved woman. Her personality is a stark and sometimes comical contrast to that of her son. She and Dylan's father, Jack, divorced at some point during their son's childhood, and Iris would eventually move to Hawaii. At one point in the series, however, Jack still expresses admiration when speaking of her, but suggests that he finds her weird.
During her first visit to Beverly Hills, she grows close with Cindy, the mother of Dylan's girlfriend, Brenda. In contrast, she doesn't bond with Brenda until later, due to thinking that her aura was dark.
During her second visit in town, Iris was actually the first one who was able to console Brenda after her break-up with Dylan.
Dylan had grown emotionally distant from Iris prior to the events of the series, but the two become gradually closer with each visit. A notable instance was when Iris attended her son's high school graduation.
- Good friends with Cindy Walsh.
- Iris and Brenda Walsh share a special connection
- Luke Perry (Dylan McKay) confessed an attraction to Beacham in an interview
Notes and references Edit
- ↑ Scenes From the Cast Struggle in Beverly Hills 90210 (February 1992)