Worries about SATs take a back seat when Brenda finds a lump in her breast, a fear heightened by her family's medical history.
Everyone but Dylan is driven into a frenzy by the upcoming SATs. A completely panicked Andrea seeks help from Steve, who attended an expensive SAT prep course. During their study session, they end up kissing and afterward avoid each other for days. Kelly reads an article about breast health, so the girls take time out from studying for a self-exam. Brenda discovers a lump in her breast and must undergo a biopsy. Cindy and Brenda are haunted by memories of Brenda's Aunt Sheila, who died of breast cancer. Worried about his sister's health Brandon cannot concentrate on his SAT, so he leaves during the exam to go to the hospital. Not to worry though: both Walsh twins are promised a makeup test later in the year. Andrea and Steve conclude that their kiss was a fluke brought on by stress and decide they are better off as friends. Finally, the Walsh clan and their friends are extremely relieved when Brenda receives a clean bill of health.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
- and James Eckhouse as Jim Walsh
- Special Guest Star
- Melinda Culea as Dr. Natalie Donner
- Guest starring
- Bart Braverman as Mr. Parker
- Jay Levey as Proctor
- You know, Brandon you can tell me anything. I mean, I'll always be here for you
- —Andrea to Brandon, after he tells her about Brenda
- Steve – We wouldn't make a good couple anyway, Andrea
- Andrea – Terrible. The worst couple!
- ―SAT prep?
- If you two love birds are through, we'd like to begin
- —Mr. Parker to Andrea and Steve, much to Brandon and Kelly's confusion
- Brandon is 4 minutes older than Brenda
- Cindy's younger sister, Sheila, died in 1989 on Sheila's 35th birthday. She was 5 years younger than Cindy
- Cindy's grandmother also suffered cancer
- Brandon doesn't want to worry Brenda, so he confides in Andrea about the situation
- just the way it is, baby | THE REMBRANDTS
- steve and andrea make out