- ❝ You gotta learn it all on your own. I really do believe that, you know, life is experiential. You gotta get out there and you gotta try it, and you gotta fail sometimes and, to get to any success you gotta fail a few times. So yeah, you gotta earn it ❞
- —Luke Perry
Perry landed the role of Ned Bates on daytime drama Loving before being cast in 1990 as guest star Dylan McKay FOX teen drama Beverly Hills, 90210. Audience response to Perry was so overwhelming that, by the time 90210 swung into its second season, he was not only one of the series' leading characters, but a full-fledged teen idol. Perry left 90210 in 1995 to pursue theatrical films and returned for the last two seasons of the series. From 2017-2019, Perry starred on CW teen drama Riverdale, as the father of Archie, Fred Andrews. Perry's final role will be in the 2019 Tarantino film, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, premiering August 2019.
Mr. Perry sadly passed away on Monday, March 4, 2019, after suffering a stroke the Wednesday before.
- ❝ ...She’s a very big part of the success of this show. She taught me a lot. I’m glad she was my scene partner ❞
- —Perry about Doherty, at 2016 RewindCon
- ❝ I think he was the most three-dimensional of all the characters. That’s not saying I did anything in particular, it was done on the page ❞
- —Perry on Dylan McKay
- He was dyslexic
- Perry's favourite couple on Beverly Hills, 90210 was Brenda and Dylan.
- Perry originally went in to audition for the role of Steve Sanders, but didn't, as he didn't think he was right for the part, before he was later cast as Dylan.
- Graduated high school in 1984 and was voted "Biggest Flirt" by his high school classmates.
Notes and references
- ↑ Remembering Luke Perry (March 2019)
- ↑ Luke Perry's final role will be in Quentin Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (March 2019)
- ↑ Take A Look Back On Luke Perry's Life In Front Of The Camera (March 2019)
- ↑ Calgary Comic Expo: Luke Perry talks about Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- ↑ Luke Perry's Biggest Heartthrob Moments Through the Years (March 2019)
- ↑ Luke Perry Pays Tribute to Shannen Doherty at ‘Beverly Hills, 90210’ Reunion at RewindCon
- ↑ Calgary Comic Expo: Luke Perry talks about Buffy the Vampire Slayer (March 2015)
- ↑ Down and Out (Not!) in Beverly Hills (November 1991)