- Andrea – Brandon, do you think I'm a geek for coming to this dance by myself?
- Brandon – No not at all. We never get to slow dance in the newsroom
It's the big spring dance, and the chance of romance is good for Dylan and Brenda, possible for Kelly and Brandon and nil for Steve, who carries a torch that's about as cumbersome as his date's dress.
Brenda tries to convince Andrea to ask Brandon to the Spring Dance, but Kelly beats her to it. Steve reluctantly takes Donna, who wears an elaborate gown that impedes sitting or dancing. He ignores her, gets drunk, and lashes out at Brandon and Kelly. Kelly admits her crush on Brandon, and they kiss. However, he nixes a relationship because he thinks of her as a sister. Steve reveals that it is his birthday, and that he is especially sensitive about this after recently learning that he is adopted. He had confided in Kelly, but she forgot because she was caught up in her quest to become Spring Queen. Brenda and Dylan check into a hotel room upstairs, and she loses her virginity. While watching a horror movie, Andrea daydreams about chasing Kelly with a chainsaw. She decides to go to the dance alone. David wins a dance contest, and receives the right to dance with Spring Queen Kelly.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Gabrielle Carteris as Andrea Zuckerman
- Luke Perry as Dylan McKay
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Douglas Emerson as Scott Scanlon
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Carol Potter as Cindy Walsh
- and James Eckhouse as Jim Walsh
- Sharon Case as Darla Diller
- I don't get it, dating's your life, isn't it?
- —Brandon to Kelly
- Brandon, I'm a Spring Princess. I can't exactly show up in a Melvin, or whatever you're calling your car these days
- Brandon – So, guys, what do you think?
- Dylan – Methinks thou art stylin'
- ―Tuxedo shopping
- Dylan – Your limo has arrived, Sir!
- Brandon – Thank you, Sire!
- Kelly, I don't know. Something just doesn't feel right
- Kelly – Brandon, don't you think we'd make a great couple?
- Brandon – I guess I don't
- Brenda expects Brandon to ask Andrea to the dance
- Brandon says he doesn't dance, but asks Andrea to dance when she shows up
- This occurs repeatedly during the series, that Brandon only makes an exception for Andrea
- Brandon tells Kelly he thinks of her as a sister
- Steve tells Brandon that it's his birthday, that he found out he was adopted and only told Kelly
- the best i can't | THE RAVE-UPS
- at school steve and brandon talk spring/dance contest at the spring dance (twice)
- you can't hurry love | THE SUPREMES
- at the peach pit, kelly asks brandon to the spring dance
- tinker tommy | THE RAVE-UPS
- dylan, brandon and steve rent tuxes
- she says (come around) | THE RAVE-UPS
- everyone arrives at the spring dance
- if it was (a matter of mind) | THE RAVE-UPS
- steve reveals to brandon that he's adopted
- smile | THE RAVE-UPS
- brenda and dylan talk about later; kelly and brandon kiss/brenda and dylan dance, brandon and andrea dance