As the wedding day arrives, Brandon and Kelly finally seem to have overcome their doubts. However, while preparing for the ceremony, Kelly confesses to her mother that she isn't sure if she wants to go through with the marriage. Brandon expresses similar sentiments to Steve, who believes that he merely has cold feet. Brandon and Kelly mutually agree to call off the ceremony. They announce their decision to the guests and invite everyone to the reception, as they insist that they are happy.
Valerie submits to an HIV test and anxiously awaits the results. Before taking Valerie to the clinic, David feels that he has to remind her that they are not a couple. Valerie goes into the doctor's office to learn the outcome of her test. Donna accepts a date with Jacob to thank him for saving her life. Noting her uncertain future with Noah, he makes a play for her. She turns him down and decides she would rather stay with Noah. Steve tries to win Sarah back from her husband. She shows up at the reception and expresses her feelings, but Steve isn't sure that he should believe her.
- Jason Priestley as Brandon Walsh
- Jennie Garth as Kelly Taylor
- Ian Ziering as Steve Sanders
- Brian Austin Green as David Silver
- Tori Spelling as Donna Martin
- Tiffani Thiessen as Valerie Malone
- Joe E. Tata as Nat Bussichio
- Vincent Young as Noah Hunter
Special Guest Stars
- Ann Gillespie as Jackie Taylor
- John Reilly as Bill Taylor
- Matthew Laurance as Mel Silver
- Brandi Andres as Sarah Edmunds
- Neil Roberts as Jacob Wallenfels
- James Karen as Minister
- Ryan Brown as Morton Muntz
- Julie Parrish as Joan Diamond
- Patricia Delany as Nurse
- Mercedes Kastner as Erin Silver
- ❝Kelly – How much doubt is too much?
- Jackie – Only you can answer that❞
- Just before the wedding that didn't happen, Jackie gives Kelly a locket that was given to Jackie's mother by Jackie's father. It has the inscription "Thoughts That Lie Too Deep For Tears," which Jackie identifies as a line being authored by William Wordsworth, one of the leading Romantic poets who lived from 1770-1850. This line actually reads,
Thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears
- It is the last line from Wordsworth's poem "Ode: Intimations of Immortality From Recollections of Early Childhood"
- Val mentions the saying, "Live fast, die young, and leave a good-looking corpse." Though she says that this is something Jim Morrison said, it is actually attributed to '50s movie star James Dean, who died tragically in a car accident and most famously starred in Rebel Without a Cause.
- every time I close my eyes | BABYFACE
- performed by michael bondies